Wednesday 16 October 2013

Some doors in life you can choose to walk through...

Image sources: I found these on Pinterest and now can't find their original sources. I would love to credit them properly, if anyone comes across them.

You'll come to some doors in life where you can choose to walk through or not. The lucky ones have the luxury of choice with many doors, all leading through other corridors and to more doors. 

Sometimes you reach a dead end. There's only one door and you have no choice but to walk through it. The door I'm looking at at the moment is daunting and all I can see on the other side is grief, but I have no choice but to walk through it. There's no promise that time will make it easier, but if I walk through this door now and face all the fear and pain and suffering, I will be stronger and wiser. That doesn't lessen the loss in the future, but it will strengthen my reaction to it. 

I hope whatever doors you're facing at the moment, you make the right choices and face the consequences with bravery. 



4 comments:

  1. Celia, I'm so happy you've started a new blog and so amazed and inspired by your courage in doing so. I can't imagine to know how you're feeling or what you must be going through but the sheer fact that you've written such an eloquent post to articulate what you're facing at the moment is so inspiring. I hope you are ok and at least acknowledging you have to go through the door and you can't stay still forever might be a source of comfort - time waits for no man as they say. And we can either acknowledge it or fight it (which will always be a losing battle) so I congratulate you for being so wise xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you are still blogging. This new blog and the posts I have read are very inspiring. I think that you are a brilliant writer and I am looking forward to reading your future posts.

    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your original blog and love the design (and your name!) and wanted to come on over here to see what you've been up to. The image on the right is incredible, and I love the idea of writing universal posts. Your blog reads like poetry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is just the best compliment ever, thank you so much! I hope you enjoy the upcoming posts I have in the pipeline and it lives up to my previous blog.
      Chuffed to have a new follower!
      xxx

      Delete