Sunday 3 November 2013

The Velvet Underground and the best friends ever


October was limbo time for me. I didn't want to make any decisions, but November's come round and it's time to move forward. This week's decision is to go back to university full time and resume life as a normal twenty-one year old. Just typing it fills me with dread. The idea that life can go on as normal is both comforting and unnerving all at once and not something I want to face yet. 

This photo is with my beautiful friend Danica in our first few weeks as freshers. The difference two years makes is amazing - we look so young! Amongst the lovely letters she writes me, she sent me a facebook message: 

'i've been trying to remember a poem, or at least a stanza i could send you, but have yet again come to the realization that i do not know poetry. so there's this song, that i think is about love, and friendship, and devotion.. 
.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMeZCPbM6bA  
love you loads xxx'



It's been on repeat ever since and the soundtrack to the last few weeks - singing it in the shower, listening to it in the background as I work, humming it under my breath as I cook dinner.

It's a song that makes me feel loved and hopeful for going back tomorrow. There are some good memories to be made and I hope this song will be the soundtrack to them as well as the past limbo-land October.

I do hope you enjoy it as much as me

Celia x

3 comments:

  1. I wish you the best of luck with returning to uni! :) I know it probably wont be easy but I really hope it goes well for you!
    Anna :)
    xxxx
    http://awholelotofchittychat.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck, you brave girl! Go Celia x

    ReplyDelete