Friday 8 November 2013

10 good things about this week


Primark pyjamas - I am guilty as charged of spending my £60 Primark shop budget almost entirely on pyjamas - they are just so comfy! I regret nothing.

America Horror Story: Coven - I've finally been able to catch up and boy was the wait worth it! Isn't Jessica Lange a goddess? So far it isn't quite as terrifying as Haunted House, and not a patch as petrifying as Asylum, but it's really got me thinking. My great aunt believed she was a witch (and her sister believed in fairies, but that's another story!) and left all these old books around. I've been delving into a few this week. It's so interesting learning about where all these old superstitions originated from.

Carrot and coriander soup - My lovely friend Alice taught me her secret recipe for soup. It is so good - spicy and warm and still healthy. Perfect for quiet lunch breaks between my mountain of essay writing this week.

Blue skies - I've been striding up the hills this week in between the rain. Most days it's been so clear. I love the colours this time of year, and how these cloudless, blue days are still cold. Every breath feels so crisp and fresh. Autumn is my favourite season. It's all about revival and promise of the next year in the closing of the previous.

Tickets to South Africa booked - This Christmas I'm leaving the dreary English winter behind and jetting off to South Africa where it's the middle of their summer for a few weeks. It's official! The tickets are booked...

Flower deliveries - Recently we've had so many flowers delivered we've had to borrow vases from neighbours. Even now we're still receiving them (though not quite as frequently!) White lillies were my mother's favourite flower - they're so beautiful and delicate. They remind me of her and a comfort to have bunches around the house this week. Their scents fill an entire room.

Bahoma scented candle - My sister brought me a candle for my room at uni. It's Banoma's 'Vineyard' scent with notes of 'Apple, Aniseed, Jasmine, Cognac, Orange, Caramel, Vanilla & Musk'. Doesn't that sound divine? I've put it by the Aga to slowly warm through and release all those delicious autumnal smells.

Good wine - Now I'm no wine expert, but a bottle of Gewurztraminer has mellowed me out wonderfully this week. It's dry and sweet all at once and (I swear) the nectar of Gods!

Sick days - My baby sister has had six teeth removed this week in preparation for brace-work. We spent yesterday curled up watching our Friends boxsets with ice cream at the ready. Season 1 & 2 are gold - especially with Rachel and Ross together!

This little blog - It's so lovely to be back and all your lovely comments. You give me strength and help me focus on the good things. You all warm the cockles of my heart, bloggers. Thank you!


What has been good about your week? I do hope it's been a warm and cosy as mine has while these winter months draw in. 

Have a super weekend,

C x

7 comments:

  1. Wish I could get comfy and watch Friends right now :) Hope you're ok x

    www.witty-woman.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knew my one true love was a Primark onesie and Chandler Bing all along?
      I'm doing alright. All the better for hearing from your lovely self again :)
      C xxx

      Delete
  2. just love how positive this is <3 glad you're back!

    http://wishuponasmile.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. love to see you focusing on the positive! :) very glad I have found your blog <3
    I'm hopefully heading to primark tomorrow...maybe I should put a ban on myself too, I'm usually like yeah..well have one of those, its just sooo cheap! :) I will be a lot more cautious tomorrow :)
    hope your well
    xxxx
    http://awholelotofchittychat.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm treating myself to some comfy primark pjs soon (there are carebear pj leggings that I must have!). Just found your blog and am now your newest GFC reader :) xx

    www.kayspray.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. south africa will be amazing!! sounds like a great place to escape the cold. good wine always makes me happy too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww lucky you on SA, I'm going next year, I can't wait!

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete